- Our Company
- Video Library
- Contact Us
- Warehouse Space Calculator
Join Our Family of Warehouse Team Members in Columbus, OH
Spartan Logistics is always seeking ambitious, hard-working team members who are interested in furthering their warehousing and distribution career. Applications are always welcome and are kept on file for a three month period. As a general rule, candidates can apply in person at the warehouse location closest to them.
Spartan Logistics is seeking an experienced part-time Customer Service Representative (CSR) to work in our Columbus, OH warehouse. To begin with...this is not a call center position. Interviews will be conducted right away to hire. The Customer Service Representative is responsible for managing the daily operation of the shipping and receiving office within the warehouse. The CSR will coordinate with the warehouse supervisors on a daily basis, and also be available for administrative support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes and monitors shipping and receiving transactions and documentation, including, but not limited to receipts, bills of lading, orders, confirming freight shipments for specific customers to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
-Manages tight deadlines, and changing priorities.
- Adept at managing multiple tasks, isolating and resolving problems.
- Communicates effectively with fleet transportation, management, co-workers, and customers choosing the proper media (phone, email, face-to-face) and professional speech.
- Manages customer information using our WMS (Warehouse Management Software) and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Sign fleet carriers in and out.
- Provides suggestions for continuous improvement within the department or warehouse
- Understands and complies with all inbound/outbound, and other regulatory shipping documentation requirements within this position
Answer phone calls and respond to the shipping office window
- Create pick tickets for the warehouse team, utilizing our software
- Print BOL’s (Bill of Ladings) and any other shipping documents as required
- The accuracy of all paperwork produced and attention to detail is of high priority
- Maintain and organize an accurate filing system, including digital
- Follow all customer requirements per their documentation, e-mail or phone correspondence
- Assist management as needed
- This position is not limited to just the above duties and responsibilities
- You are the primary first contact with all of our customers and accordingly, must have heart for helping people, being organized, and a pleasant and professional disposition
We will require: One on one customer relations, excellent computer skills, and accuracy of data entry is critical to success in this position, including receipts, and inbound and outbound shipments, adjustments, and billing. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel spreadsheets and Word), WMS (Warehouse Management Software) system is required.
The ideal candidate will have warehouse experience, but not a requirement. You must have the ability to multi-task and be very organized. You will be an assistant in all things to the Warehouse Manager in smoothly operating this location, solving problems, and minimizing costs, with a focus on the office. This position may require an occasional weekend and very light warehouse work.
Requires a High School diploma or Associates Degree
Must have previous experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Warehouse Management Software experience Preferred, but not required…we will train on WMS.
At least one to two years direct working experience and a dependable work ethic.Because of the high value of the inventory, character and integrity will not be compromised. Willingness to stay until the job is done. Attention to detail in all aspects of the job especially data entry and inventory control. We require a positive, problem-solving, service-centered attitude, and disciplined mindset to follow procedures and to develop procedures when necessary. In addition, creativity for improving standard processes.
- Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
- Spartan offers a competitive compensation package that includes medical, dental, paid time off and 401(k) with company match.
Compensation will be based on experience.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.00 to $14.00 /hour
Communication method(s) used: