Spartan Logistics is always seeking ambitious, hard-working team members, who are interested in furthering their warehousing and distribution career. Applications are always welcome and are kept on file for a three month period. As a general rule, candidates can apply in person at the warehouse location closest to them.
Positions we are currently hiring for:
- CDL Drivers - Class A
- General Warehouse Pickers
- Diesel Mechanics
- Forklift Drivers
(Apply for any one of the above-mentioned careers by scrolling down and apply online.)
General Warehouse Team Members- HIRING NOW!
Under general supervision, you will be primarily responsible for effective coordination of inbound and outbound warehousing movements, while accurately and efficiently picking customer orders. This will consist of reading a pick ticket for individual items to be moved, gathered, and shipped; assembling customer orders from stock and placing orders on pallets. Conveying finished pallets/orders to the staging area via motorized pallet jack. You will need to stand and lift as part of your daily duties. Ensure company standards are met by verifying pallet counts and configuration of the selected order for distribution. Overtime will be paid at time and 1/2, after 40 hours per week. Incentive pay programs are available. Your goal is to make sure that the orders are filled as fast and accurately as possible, and the warehouse is safe and clean at all times.
To apply for this position you must have:
- Good character and integrity
- Be healthy and able to stand, lift, and work hard
- Positive attitude and commitment to high-quality work
- No drugs-subject to random testing
- Non-smokers preferred
How your performance will be measured:
- Attendance - On time and ready to work at the assigned time
- Attitude - Are you a positive influence on the team? Ability to work together without complaining
- Ability/Productivity - Expected team production of 85 trays per labor hour
- Job Knowledge
- Safety Record
Class A CDL Driver - HIRING NOW!
If you are interested in a CDL Driver position, yet want to be home every night or weekly, we need you. You will be driving company supplied tractor and trailers, and primarily be responsible for the delivery of customer product throughout Ohio and Indiana. This consists of primarily drop and hook shuttle operations. You will need to know how to safely operate and maintain your equipment. You will be the face of our organization to the customer and must have professional speech, dress, and manners at all times. Your hours will be full time, based on an agreed-upon schedule. Our drivers are expected to run safe and legal at all times, no exceptions. Above average pay with Sign-On Bonus.
To apply for this position you must meet the following criteria:
- Maintain DOT compliance in qualification and operations, including maintenance and hours of service. You must be able to pass specific pre-screenings such as drug testing, DOT physical, Rod test and certifications. Ability to perform equipment pre and post trip inspections and minor repairs.
- At least 21 years of age and valid medical card
- At least three years commercial driving experience. Knowledge of record keeping requirements.
- Valid Class A CDL License. Safe driving history (CSA). MVR evaluation will consist of a valid driver's license with no major violations within the past three years. Major convictions include DUI, DWI, hit an run, homicide or assault, suspension or revocation and reckless driving. No more than two moving violations or at-fault accidents or combinations of violations/accidents within the past three years.
- Professional in appearance and attitude and promote a respect for company vehicles
- Because of the high value of inventory, character and integrity will not be compromised. A background and credit check will be required.
- Willingness to stay until the job is done with a cheerful attitude
- Attention to detail in all aspects of the job. Ability to do four operation arithmetic in your head
- You will be required to wear steel-toed boots or equivalent safety shoes
- Physical requirements: While performing the duties of this job, you will frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this position include: close vision, distance vision, and depth perception
How your performance will be measured:
- Damages - Each load will be 100% free from damages at the time of delivery
- We expect company units are kept in USDOT compliance by reporting the problem
- Driver is expected not to use any equipment with USDOT violation
- Review of MVR report yearly, and expected to have no more than one moving violation as well as all DQ files in compliance
- Driver will adhere to all company policies and USDOT regulations at all times
- Ability to perform professional and thorough pre and post trip inspections on each piece of equipment handled and make minor repairs such as bulbs.
Diesel Mechanic - HIRING NOW in Columbus, OH!
We're interested in hiring a diesel mechanic to work on our private fleet in South Columbus, OH. Sign-On Bonus.
- Diagnose and repair Cummins & Detroit diesel engines
- Knowledge of Van Trailer
- Knowledge of Air Systems
- Knowledge of Electrical Systems
- Employee Type: Hourly, Full Time
- Industry: Pubic and Contract Commercial Warehousing
- Manages Others: No
- Job Type: Mechanic and Maintenance Repair
- Skilled Labor - Trades
- Required Education: High School
- Required Experience: At least three (2) years
- Relocation Covered: No
- Monday - Friday and once a month on a Saturday
- Great Team Environment
- Complete job within established time frames
- Class A Mechanic
- Must have a clean record
- No Felonies
- No DUI's
- CDL or willingness to obtain (Company paid)
Forklift Drivers - HIRING NOW!
The forklift driver loads, unloads, verifies product received and shipped on a daily basis. During this process 100% accuracy is expected. In addition, the forklift driver is responsible for putting away stock and dropping stock for order selectors. These duties are to be performed in the most efficient, safe, and productive manner. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Unloading trucks
- Loading trucks
- Verifying product received and shipped
- Stock put-away using forklift
- Cycle overflow stock
- Inventory reconciliation
- Conducting cycle counts
- General cleaning of warehouse and other duties may be assigned
To perform this job, the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of both.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, write short correspondence, and memos. Must have the ability to be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Reasoning Ability: This ability applies common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or listen. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision and depth perception. While performng the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.